a brief rundown of French savings products, svp

mint

[quote user="idun"]I was always led to believe that the stuffing the mattress was not the french way, buying le lingot d'or, and maybe burying your treasure.[Www]

[/quote]

Dear id, I love your idea.  Only thing is, I am très sensible and as I would feel the proverbial pea (me princess and I don't know who pea is), un lingot would be most uncomfortable..........shame really[:D]

[quote user="idun"]I was always led to believe that the stuffing the mattress was not the french way, buying le lingot d'or, and maybe burying your treasure.[Www]

[/quote]

Interesting typos here. for 'mattress' read 'mistress' which means that the two following examples are synonyms of the first. Never heard nooky called 'burying your treasure' though, must be from ooop North.

After much racking of brains, think it was 10 years for the PEL. We then cashed it in opened another one and a DAT with the balance. As for declaring it or anything from the bank, we don't. As far as I am aware, there is alink with both our banks and les impots so that part of the form is automatically filled in. As for the social charges, they are taken out at source by the bank. We have started taking the dividends out of our PEA. We have passed the time threshold so these do not feature on any tax calculation, again social charges are taken at source.

Thank you, Lehaut.

I will have to google some of the products you have mentioned but you have given me an excellent start to get the information.  There is just so much stuff out there on the internet, even comparison sites.

The small print, however, is something else....................big sigh [:(]