Bastile Day celebrations

Frederick

Last Friday was the first time I had seen the celebrations for Bastile Day and found thousands among the local population sitting patiently on the beach in La Tranche sur Mer  ( Vendee 85 )....groups of friends  or families ... in rows  all looking .South down the beach waiting for darkness to decend..and the fireworks to begin.  While this was going on the children were letting off their own fireworks ....on the same beach ...jumping jacks.... bangers.... and hand held  roman candles    along with rockets ..not always    going straight up ... which was a bit alarming !  but there were no incidents needing an ambulance as far as I could see and the kids were left to have fun .

..Everybody  was having a good time ... an enjoyable evening  holiday event.. and what  struck me as different from home was nobody interferred .....if that had been Bournemouth the council would have had people out shouting "Health and Safety " and the Police would have been chasing the kids off the beach and confiscating their fireworks .....as a  first year   French home owner the more I see of the way of life in France  the more I am reminded of how it used to be when I was younger. and the more I know I made the right decision buying the house there .

[quote user="Cassis"]Speaking as a grumpy old git I can't stand petards.  Bloomin' pain in the bum, kids setting them off for days afterwards.  Harrumppphhh.
[/quote]

certainly got your sausage poppin'!.......      [:D]