Import your own neighbours

Pads

Last time I didnt have my I pod at work and I had to entertain my self by talking to my self I came up with whats "missing in your life"

Last night a new horror entered my life in the form of a new manageress at work whos a complete cow and she has ruled that I pods are not allowed . She will rule that day !!![6] Its the same as taking the downers off the Inmates. We we rebel..............[;-)]

Any how last night I was thinking how nice it would be if I could rid my self of the miserable grumpy people of my village and just keep the nice ones and who I would like to fill the houses I had just emptied.

First I would like some people nearer to my age who havnt been worn down by time and who still have a bit of a spark to life,

Some one with horses who need a bit of help and a buddy to ride out with,

Someone who liked to garden and grown there own food , we cold pour over seed cat's in the winter , share our work and produce

Some one who liked to read simular books so we could swap.

Oh by the way our local mobile library came up with a good Idea the other day he said he would get us lots of copies of the same book every couple of weeks , if we wanted to start a book club, so I have taken on the task!!!! might be fun for the winter , I have 4 sign ups so far , but dont have a clue what to do if any one has any ideas?

Some one with a dog who would like to join me for a walk a couple of times a week and have a play mate for my dog. and we could look after each others while we are away.

Some one with a few nuts lose who would ring me in the night and say lets go ghost hunting up on the bury(local haunted , old site of a castle ) we could sit up there and look at the stars scare our selves silly and have a beer or 2 . or on a winters evening would call around with a bottle and a silly film to watch in front of the fire.

But what I really need is a woman whos husbands works away from home like mine. I guess im blessed with to much freedom or the women around here are attached by the hip to there husbands and dont realise they can go out on there own with out them. [:)]

So the question is ...........Who would you like in your village or would you like to come and live in mine ?         

Hi Pads, sorry I can't help with the new horror of a manageress [6], or the grumpy folks in your village [6] - could you look at getting your iPod implanted (like cat/dog microchips) so she won't know it's there [:-))] (mind you, how would you recharge it, etc - ok, we can worry about that later [:D]).

You've got a similar 'theme' in this post to the 'What's missing in your life' post - you're lonely [:(] and it sounds to me like you need a good night out/in with some similar-minded wimmin'  [8-|] - let me know when you're next over in France and could do with one of those (from reading your previous postings, you can't be too far away from me - I'm just outside Castelnaudary?). 

We've got a huge supply of books (we're avid readers here), a dog, 3 cats (plus all the clientele), a soon-to-be (?) hubby and a mum (the latter two of whom are willing to make themselves scarce anytime I need some a night in/out with mates . . .

. . . just had a thought - do you only come to France with your OH?  If so, soz, I'll not be of much use to you - unless [I] you both want to come visit?  Then I can dump your OH on mine, and we can take the dogs for a walk, you can advise me on my disaster of a garden then go find a bottle . . . [:-))]

Your right I m lonely but not for people as I have loads of people ..... But its the right people  if you know what I mean [:)]

Im always out there on my own as hubby keeps saying hes coming but then work calls , but I will get him out there after christmas. Im planning on coming out for a quick week in nov just to check the house is OK [Www] So yes lets meet for a coffee/ beer somewhere, I have been to Castelnaudary twice but dont really know it apart from the canal area, but I normally go to carcassonne a couple of times a week. So keep in touch and I will comfirm when I on my way next. Dont suppose you horse ride too do you ? Would love to find some one to ride with and advice on a few good places to try .

What kind of books are you into ?

Well im off to sleep now been a long night [8-)] no I pod[:(]   

[quote user="Pads"]

Your right I m lonely but not for people as I have loads of people ..... But its the right people  if you know what I mean [:)]

[/quote]

This is quite true with me too.  I think it is an age thing.  Around 10 years ago, I had a good sort out of people.  The negative ones with no sense of humour or get up and go, or the ones I had simply grown out of just got dumped giving me more time to spend with the more quality mates that I have.  Selfish I know but raising a family takes so much time, what little time I DO have to myself is spent VERY selfishly...........and why not?

Katie

I know it must sound terrible but I did a similar thing - dumped a load of people that I no longer wanted to know.  Then, when we moved here in April, I dumped a load of other people together with all the household stuff that I no longer wanted!

It feels wonderful to walk away, am like a born-again something or other!

[quote user="cooperlola"]Well you could move here. I've got a couple of dobbins outside who would just love to be ridden at the moment.[/quote]

This is what I mean now if you lived in my village you would have some one to ride your horses and I would have horses to ride !!! It seems so simple but then there is real life and it never happens that way[8-)]

Well, the kettle's on...

The girls are wandering around the garden (doing a spot of lawnmowing!).  I can't even get on them at present as my ankle won't stand up to it yet.

[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/cooperlola/gallatieres04toapril05183.jpg[/IMG]

(Pic not taken today, in case you're wondering.)

Hi Pads

Soz, I don't have any horses for you to ride out here - Cooperlola's look gorgeous, don't they?

We've got a wide variety of books here (most of our vizzies bring a selection of their old ones or from charity shops in the UK) - my preference is for authors such as Michael Connelly, Ian Rankin, Karin Slaughter, Tess Gerritson, P J Tracy, Robert Crais, Harlan Coben . . . can you see a theme here?  MOH brought back some cheapie new books/authors from Asda on a recent UK visit and I'm enjoying them too.  However, I'm not always too fussy and will read almost anything - I'm currently browsing through the Lonely Planet Guide to Mongolia and a Mongolian phrasebook (my mum, who lives out here too, is about to go off to Mongolia for 6 months voluntary work . . . she's a heck of a lot braver than I am [8-|] )

Let me know when you're next out this way - I hope we can arrange to meet up then (let's make it for beer or wine [B] rather than coffee, eh [:D] )

But do you ride ? Know of any stables around carcassonne ? I was using one close to my village in the summer and it was good , but last time I was out there it seemed to be closed !! Dont know why.

Wow what kind of work is your mother doing in Mongolia ? Yes very brave .........On her own?

A beer it is then you will reconise me im the one with a smelly sheep hanging off my back smiling at you (the sheep not me )[:D] [:D] OK now you think Im wierd [:)] I'll explain one day[:)]

Pads, I've got friends here who ride so will check out where you can go when you're over here.  I haven't ridden a horse since I was a teenager (and many kgs lighter) - maybe one day (the diet (re-)starts tomorrow . . .

We lost my dad to cancer last summer and mum decided she wanted to do something useful with her life (at 66) so she applied for a short-term placement with the VSO.  A year later, she's been matched up with a project in Mongolia (apparently, the Nov-April temperatures range from -4 to -50 degrees!!!) and goes off there at the end of October (we're making a special trip to the Damart store in Toulouse very soon [:)] )

OK, so, a drink somewhere next month - you'll be the one with the Sean the Sheep backpack then (or have I mis-guessed here [blink] [:)])

Lookin' forward to it . . .