ASDA Deer Pants

I was listening to radio 2 yesterday morning, and I just caught the DJ mention "ASDA Deer Pants" I thought it was a pity we don't have ASDA in Ireland and I phoned Miss Lovepond in Upper Beagle and asked her if she could pick me up a couple of pairs (I would want a pair to wear while the the others were in the wash) Miss Lovepond said she would try and get me them from her local branch this morning when she goes to get in her weekly supply of Meow Mix. I was all excited at the thought of getting me new garments with lovely deers on them, I already have Elephant pants and Tiger pants, but the ones with the deers always eluded me. It looks like I shall never get them though, because Gloria phoned me this morning and told me they had never sold them in ASDA and that I must be mistaken. Do they have them in any of your ASDA branches?  Or did I imagine the whole thing? I just don't know!

No, no - he was speaking about dear pants.  (That's Irish pronunciation for you.)

Various composers from Palestrina onwards have made the same musical complaint about the exorbitant cost of underwear, including the contemporary Rosephanye (pron?) Powell:

http://media.cla.auburn.edu/music/bio/r_powell_compositions.cfm

Try Marks and Spencer.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I checked in my local ASDA and these seem to be pants for deer themselves, rather than pictorial apparel for deer fanciers. In the woods round here, deer mess is a big problem - the English forest rangers seem rather more anal in that respect than certain French doctors, who say that even humans should let their wind, perspiration etc flow freely for good health. So they catch the deer and put these big waterproof pants on them - a bit like the poo catchers used by horses in Vienna and Bruges. ASDA seems to have caught on to supplying this considerable demand (there are lots of deer in northern Sussex) and have started producing these garments, with the Deer George label. But only locally.

They do recommend that you are very careful when patting your deer's behind, as in the ASDA TV adverts.

I believe that Jeremy Paxman has tried them, and found them far more satisfactory on his pet deer than M&S pants.

As the Deer Pants For the Water,
So My Soul Longs After You.
You Alone Are My Heart's Desire,
And I Long to Worship You.

You Alone Are My Strength, My Shield;
To You Alone May My Spirit Yield.
You Alone Are My Heart's Desire,
And I Long to Worship You.

You're My Friend and You Are My Brother
Even Though You Are a King.
I Love You More Than Any Other,
So Much More Than Anything.

I Want You More Than Gold Or Silver,
Only You Can Satisfy.
You Alone Are the Real Joy Giver,
And the Apple of My Eye.

[geek]   [geek]   [geek]

Sorry, I know I shouldn't mock foreigners or other forums, but, knowing that the verse first referenced by FK and written in full by Mme Animal was based on one of the psalms, I tried looking it up and found this rather surreal moment:

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=73039

It's psalm 42 by the way - and the original is a bit darker than the rather syrupy song version.

[quote user="Benjamin"]You're getting a bit confused FK. ADSA Deer Pants is one of the new breed of totally integrated suppliers of broad band services in France just like Winnydoo, Acasias and Nope.

[/quote]

I thought all French broadband providers are pants?

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

[/quote]

I can't believe that I mistook "As the deer pants" for ASDA deer pants! God, I'm a real eejit no doubt.  It did make me realise just how important it is for me to get deers on me pants, so I suppose something good came out of this.

Clair, they are lovely boxer shorts, but I only wear briefs because you don't get any support with boxers. I really want a pair of underpants depicting a deer eating leaves on a frosty december morning in the Outer Hebrides.

"don't ask for whom the deer pants, for it pants for it's girlfriend" Roger Maloney, County Clare.

[quote user="FurryKnickers "][quote user="Christine Animal"]

[/quote]

I can't believe that I mistook "As the deer pants" for ASDA deer pants! God, I'm a real eejit no doubt.  It did make me realise just how important it is for me to get deers on me pants, so I suppose something good came out of this.

[/quote]

I found them straight away after a quick search in Tesco's.  I'm surprised you haven't looked there.