Problem using UK credit card

minnie

Anyone have any difficulties with using UK credit card today? I tried to use my Nationwide credit card at Leclercs and then tried to use Lloyds Bank and both were declined. No problems with lack of funds in either. Any thoughts?

I will eventually but think it's just a blip in the system. Strange for 2 banks to decline cards without reason. I've just checked my Lloyds account and there seems to be no earthly reason for it. Suspect it is Lecelercs system. Will buy something online later (or try to). Thanks mint.

Have they accepted it in the past? I don't use mine in the shops here but have tried using it recently with my french paypal account and it has been refused.

I wonder if it's because it's a credit card and not a debit card, as most french cards are.

Minnie for a country that is very technologically advanced France has an amazing amount of blips with credit and debit cards. I went into a garage on Sunday and the pump refused the card of the French women in front of me, she drove off so I tried, it refused mine. I tried the pump on the other side it worked perfectly. this is a garge I use regularly. We suddenly had a problem in Brico Marche last year and the staff were help personified; but no joy. We phoned Nationwide and changed our cards, nothing different. A week later we went to buy something with cash and the woman at the till said "can we try your card again"and Gordon Bennett it worked. [:)]