Just Another Day ........

Gardian

I bumped in to one of the 'old boys' from the village this morning. The last time I saw him a week or two back (or rather his car, with Mme sitting in it), the car was conked out at the crossroads. I had stopped to offer help, but she said that he was sorting it.

So I said to him this morning "Car fixed?"

"Oh yes, she's in the epicerie buying a few bits."

Either my French is worse than I thought or he's a bit deaf.

Then my neighbour was moaning about his car being on the blink and the problem that presented to "Descendre a Lyon" for a family bash this weekend. Now for me, down here in the south, you'd "monter" to Lyon (as in you'd go up to the North from London).

We discussed this for a while, but the grey mist came down.  That was my day.  

I had a very unusual day in that everyone that I spoke to was patient, friendly and helpfull, to find one person like that is a very rare beast but 4 in one day? Well I need to pinch myself [:D]

They were in order, a young lad doing gardening at a camp site who would later in the day open the Capitainerie of the port de plaisance, a hard working multi-tasking type.

The guy who runs a military surplus store.

The woman serving in the farm shop outlet of a large commercial fruit growing farm, she even very politely but confidently corrected my French for me [:)]

The guy who came to give me a price for doing the bandes on my placo, he has recently lost an eye and is suffering in the same way that I did.

Now I was a few miles from home and the plaquiste also happens to live in the town where I was, not sure if its a coincidence or not, I have never got the feeling before that its any different to anywhere else in this area.

In any case it was a very pleasant day and has renewed my optimism and faith in mankind.