Re: Charlie is a Border terrier

Frederick

The other day he was taken to a house he had not been to for FIVE years . While there Charlie started to howl .....Charlie never howls well I have never heard him ... There were two other dogs in the house but in another part and they did not come together. They also started to howl ... Charlie never bothers with other dogs he is very good that way but this day he was not going to to be told to shut up. The end result was to put the dogs together and then the madness started chasing each other round the garden all having a great time ...

Charlie had just been reunited after five years with his mum and dad .

[quote user="Frederick"]Charlie had just been reunited after five years with his mum and dad .[/quote]

That is so lovely, I can imagine the scene clearly.

When a young child I was the proud owner of a Border terrier, given to me by the breeder on my 7th birthday, when we lived in Berwick. Even though my dog was the runt of the litter she meant the world to me. We had great adventures together; they are super dogs.

Sue

They are lovely dogs, need a lot of exercise.

My parents had a few, from an uncle who farmed in the Borders. They went out with the hunt after foxes (in the days before this kind of hunting was banned.)

We have a border collie and I sometimes think of taking her back to the farm in dept. 31 where we bought her, to see if she recognises her parents.