Paying Tax Fonciere and Habitation By Credit/Debit Card

Mr Panda

Set up a télépaiement.

https://www.telepaiement.dgfip.finances.gouv.fr/stl/satelit.web?templatename=accueilcharpente&contexteinitial=2

Works for taxe d'hab, taxes foncières and impôts sur les revenues.

Aha! No French bank account!

You could do an Iban transfer to the relevant impôts account quoting the bill reference, I do this with the water bills which still expect us to trek to the trésorie publique or send chequse in the post, the problem being is that they never acknowledge reciept of payment and I can see it being a long frustrating and expensive battle when their computer if they have them yet says "non!"

No: you do not need to make the trip to France! Do as Chancer said and make an IBAN transfer from your bank account (in Spain presumably). IBAN transfers within Europe are free if you are able to do it yourself online but with a small charge if the bank process it.

In our French bank I can set up a new payee within France but "abroad" ones need the bank to set it up on our account. Even then  I always make the actual transfer myself as it is then free of charge (annoys the bank too...)

Even if Spanish banks charge it will be cheaper than a trip.

Always assuming that Spanish banks still do cheques (German ones don't), there will be a substantial charge for handling the cheque across borders (even Euro denominated). This would leave the OP still in debt to the tresoir with all of the penalties that that entails.

France just doesnt want to do business does it? It seems to me that the holy grail of any administration is to subject people to the maximum of inconvenience.

Our commune has just subbed out our water supply to a syndicate because it is much cheaper (AKA the commune was useless and inefficient) I was rather hoping that the change may have heralded a move to the new century but far from it, just like the old lot they have discovered why just send one bill for water and sewage when we can send two which will cost us and the Customer twice as much, except these goons wait over a month before sending out a sewage bill for the same reading, it may be even longer as I am still waiting.

Still no possibility of paying by card, telepaiment, direct debit or even bank transfer now we have to travel 15kms to another trésorie 4 times a year to pay the water bills.

Now I have decided to get the ehll out of here these things should no longer bother me but they do for the simple reason that it takes far more effort on their part to make life so difficult.

Presumably you have a Spanish bank account, or can get a Spanish Bank Cheque.

Just send one or the other together with the slip on the bottom of the first page of the bill to the address shown on the slip.

There should be no extra charges for a Spanish Euro check paid into a French account.

Not sure about "no extra charge" but the bank will have to have it cleared as a "foreign" cheque. This is what I was told when I wanted to send a cheque to Germany (to family there). In fact German banks look askance at cheques at all!!!

I still think it would be easier to get the Spanish bank to send payment using IBAN number. Very quick and (the other way round) Credit Ag. charge 3 euros if they process it. Do it your self and it is free.

We're both right, Hereford.

See "Comment payer?" in this link

[url]http://www.impots.gouv.fr/portal/dgi/public/popup?espId=1&typePage=cpr02&docOid=documentstandard_5918[/url]

EDIT: If sending a foreign cheque, make sure to send it to the "SIP non résidents" address near the top of the page!