Saturday nights

Kitty

I used to think that it was the height of sadness (or geekiness) to be at home on a Saturday night.  And now, here I am, chatting to complete strangers in my home on a Saturday night.  We should be out clubbing...

Yes the same crossed my mind, although it is the first saturdaynight I have had in for some time,but we are not complete strangers, my O.H. is a bit of a tele holic and I cannot just watch anything, I think he is more than happy to be cock of the T.V. while my little fingers dance over the keys of my lap top, but sometimes  when I laugh out aloud or mention things like the kind of beer Dick drinks, or the fact Miki has been banned but we can now see him in another place , I think he thinks I have gone gah gah, he is a broad lancashire chap,and very cynical but when I have been tapping away for some time he will make me a brew (in his language cup of tea)I secretly think he is glad I have found someting to keep me quiet so he can concentrate on the latest sci fi rubbish.

I think we are all pretty sad, but I wouldn't change it. [:)]  I can post as late as I like at the weekends, as I know my kids will get up, eat all the biscuits and let me have a big old lay in.  May even get a pot of coffee if I'm really lucky.

Bobby Moore, he was a great bloke, they dont make them like him anymore, all these young footballers who earn a packet, not a patch on that master.I incidently despite being a woman I supported Ipswich in my younger days (yes forgive me, but better than admitting to supporting Norwich)I went week in and week out , the days when they won the F,A.Cup final and The great Bobby was in charge,Those were the days when you stood unless you were posh and could afford a seat, I think football was at its greatest  then I get disillusioned now and a small club like Ipswich with a great accademy just get there young players poached by the big boys the youngsters have agents,who put large sums of money in their bank accounts at the age of 16 and there is nothing the club can do, it has spoilt it for me, when I see a good youngster now you just know he will never play for the first team at Ipswich unless he has rich parents who dont give a stuff about the money so there it is, rules made by the F.A. that do little to help the smaller clubs.Only my point of view of course, might even get my O.H. on here with this thread.

Dotty you have brought back memories, yes my lad always ate all the biscuits if we had a lie in, he invariably had a friend staying over, make the most of it , I miss those days now he has fled the nest to the city, just waiting on gran kids now to do the same,think I will have a long wait, not even a girlfriend on the horizon.

[quote user="Cathy"]I used to think that it was the height of sadness (or geekiness) to be at home on a Saturday night.  And now, here I am, chatting to complete strangers in my home on a Saturday night.  We should be out clubbing...[/quote]

I used to chat to complete strangers in clubs all the time.

This is much easier. No deciding whose house to go to, who should come, where to get a cab, the terrible realisation that you (me, often) have invited a deranged lunatic back to your house. S/he thinks they are your new best mate, but you have just realised you need to get rid of them FAST.

There are so many benefits to rural living and  'virtual' relationships...[:D]

Friends and aquaintances in England all have nippers now, (20 odd years after me) so when I have been back to see them, they are all in bed by 10.30pm.

Mind you, that might be down to me going on about how I 'turned' my compost heap : again.[:$]

[quote user="vervialle"]I secretly think he is glad I have found someting to keep me quiet so he can concentrate on the latest sci fi rubbish.[/quote]

Scifi? Really? [geek] What's he watching? What does he think about the new Dr Who? Does he watch Lost (which is kinda Scifi) and what did he think about the final ep of Star Trek: Enterprise...[:D]

We LOVE the new Dr Who.  We've always been fans (even the really bad years) but these last two seasons have been fantastic! 

And, we're big fans of LOST as well!  Also, SMALLVILLE and we got hooked on SURFACE and THRESHOLD, but hate getting involved in a series that gets cancelled before they give us any answers!

PG

[:D][:D][:D]

I really prefer David Tennant - Christopher Ecclestone was good but for me, his "I'm a northern man, me" attitude got in the way of him being The Doctor. I'm not knocking Northern England Males, generally, btw! [:-))] Love the scripts - did you hear the nods to Buffyspeak in the episode last week with Anthony Steward Head? Not sure about The Doctor In Love however - did like his choice of amour though. [:)]

I missed the first series of Lost - didn't have a tv - so I know the premise of the series but I don't know the characters by sight yet. I enjoyed the first two episodes last week.

<< hate getting involved in a series that gets cancelled before they give us any answers! >>

Er... yes. Firefly. Did you see Firefly? Loved it. I bought it on DVD so was aware that it got cancelled mid-season. But at least JW got to make Serenity which I thought was very good but slightly left me slightly dissatisfied as not all the characters got as much screen time as I'd have liked. Farscape was cancelled but got the Peacekeeper Wars. Both of these have to be a tribute to the power of the fans on the internet as I don't believe either Serenity of PKW would have been made without organised, visible fan pressure. [8-|]

Haven't seen Surface or Threashold - have watched some of Invasion but I didn't connect with any of the characters so didn't really care if they got taken over by the giant squid or not.

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="vervialle"]I secretly think he is glad I have found someting to keep me quiet so he can concentrate on the latest sci fi rubbish.[/quote]

Scifi? Really? [geek] What's he watching? What does he think about the new Dr Who? Does he watch Lost (which is kinda Scifi) and what did he think about the final ep of Star Trek: Enterprise...[:D]

[/quote]He loves it all especially star trek and tells me its the future all the time!!!!!  I just leave him to his fantasy land.