Form 3916

cajal

I was just lurking on the SFN Tax & Social Charges boards and there is an old thread (2014) titled 'Declaring Non-French Bank Accounts.'

It is basically discusing the ins and outs of form 3916 (whether to use the paper version/online version or write your own.).

I have a self drawn-up template, on the computer, that I update annually but what caught my eye is the supposed requirement to include any PayPal and/or credit card account details not linked to French bank accounts.

Short of visiting the tax office, does anyone know if this requirement is correct.  I pose the question here as Iam not registered on SFN and therefore unable to post there.

TIA

regards

cajal

Hello cajal,

I asked a similar question back in 2013 on this forum. Whether this still stands I don't know but I'm sure someone will be along with any up to date info shortly.

Mrs KG

There is some clarification in this article

http://www.challenges.fr/economie/20131007.CHA5281/titulaires-d-un-compte-paypal-vous-etes-surement-fraudeurs.html

It seems the person prosecuted was a trader and used the paypal account for receiving payments for goods - which should have been declared.

The article indicates that the declaration does not apply to individuals who pay for goods using paypal, or even use it to receive payment for items they sell, e.g. occasional things on eBay.

I think the ultimate discriminator is whether you are simply disposing of surplus personal goods and items or buying in to sell on for profit.

I think most people will know which applies to them and therefore whether a Paypal A/C used for such transactions should be declared or not. [;-)]