Kitchen replacement delay!

Gastines

As this is of the general info I hope I have picked the correct site?

We have just started clearing all the cupboards/drawers to replace our kitchen.Not very old but I need to keep myself busy. In the process my wife has found a book,published in 1934 by The Sunday Pictorial, of 1000 useful household hints. About 2 hours ago work stopped as we have had to continue reading them, from uses for vinegar which range from a cure for aching feet to making a disinfectant.All sorts of food tips and even how to make Briquets for the fire, which brought back a few memories. I am trying to convince my wife that it would be a good idea to share some of the useful tips and some of the humorous ones. If I can get her to stop reading I should be able to proceed with the kitchen!! Not a job to undertake when one's wife is in the house.

Regards. Out of retirement. St .Malo.

I think Gail in Coronation Street is the Patron Saint,or Saintess, of all ironers. It is a standing joke in our house,if faced with a problem, do a Gail, get the ironing board out.

I will try and talk my wife into putting a tip-a-day from the fascinating read of this 1934 book. It really needs re-publishing.I don't think junk food and E's and additives get a mention!

Regards. Healthy eater. St.Malo.