"Grumpy old Geezer Time ! "

Frederick

Ladies ...Do us a favour when you go shopping all you need to take with you is a purse big enough to hold your plastic and your mobile  phone .....You do not need somthing the size of a joiners tool bag sticking out behind you while you stand gazing at the stuff on store shelves .. We guys who are in a hurry have to push these bags out of the way as we go through the crowd in stores ...So when we do...dont spin round ...  grab the bag ....and  then glare at us ...we are not trying to nick your wallet...you are just taking up space for two !

That is oh so true.............[:D][:D][:D]

There is an advantage though when asking the question;

"Have you got a --------?" (insert virtually anything there) or

"Have you seen my ---------?"

The reply is always, "I'll look in my bag"

[:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="Just Katie"]Yes and while we are on the subject of shopping.  Why do men who are dragged around department stores with their wives always end up lingering in the lingerie department pretending not to look at other women buying knickers??[:@][/quote]

Never, it doesn't happen I tell you, never......................[;-)]

I have done almost all of my Christmas shopping on the internet. Firstly because it I hate the Christmas kitch that swamps the high street and the crowds. Secondly because it is cheaper and easier. (Or the other way round).

I like to support the independent high street shops against the large multiples because the family businesses and entrepreneurs deserve support. However now the high streets are just collections of chain stores and how drab is that? (Answer: very). So I buy books at our local book store but otherwise look to the internet.

I cannot be alone in this - so if you hold shares in chain stores or logistics companies - I advise selling them. Buy equities in breweries and confectionery manufacturers.

--

I heard the head of Apple's European education team talking recently and the gist of one of his points was: book and CD retailers make 70% of their turnover on 'top twenty' style 'favorites' and the other 30% on the other items that they stock. In contract these statistics are almost exactly reversed by internet retailers.

--

When in France we try and shop locally rather than visit Super U - however over the year we probably end up spending more of our euros at the latter.