A challenge

woolybanana

I read this article and wondered how she managed to get to France and back on a ferry, all for £1 per day?  My ferry journeys (Portsmouth-St Malo with a few children in tow) cost over £365 (one year's allocation) and that's just "aller simple" not "aller retour".  Even a passenger costs £120 return.

Did she swim?

I didn't think you could do that.  They have the booked numbers on a hanging thing on your windscreen.    We have paid extra when our daughter unexpectedly came with us recently.   Did they alter the numbers written down?

Or - am I missing something ?

Regards

Tegwini

[quote user="Cathy"]

I read this article and wondered how she managed to get to France and back on a ferry, all for £1 per day?  My ferry journeys (Portsmouth-St Malo with a few children in tow) cost over £365 (one year's allocation) and that's just "aller simple" not "aller retour".  Even a passenger costs £120 return.

Did she swim?

[/quote]

She didn't go to France and back on a ferry. Outbound she hitched a lift through the tunnel. Inbound she hitched with a wagon driver on a ferry. So comparing the costs of hitching to that of ferry fares is a non-sequitur. [:P]