Well that was a silly thing to do!

TWINKLE

Yesterday me and a group of good friends were enjoying a giant paella 'al fresco' and the wine was a flowing the way I like it[:)] 

Some of the kids had set up a ramp on the sloping part of the garden and were skateboarding down it.  Well - you've guessed- off came the heels and I jumped onboard for the ride of my life much to my daughters embarrassment and yep! off I came skirt hitched up to my chin and today I have a very bad cut on my foot.  [:$]

Anybody else still think they can do the same things they did a couple of decades ago?

Tried to go on a Waltzers fairground ride, being whizzed round and round by the blokes who risk life and limb to climb over the apparatus.  Oh dear.  Not recommended when over a certain age.

By the way, I do not recommend trying to ride a tandem around the garden after an al fresco pizza and wine.  Been there and done it and have the scars to prove it .....

Reminds me of an impromptu sportsday in our back garden, many moons ago. We with our 4 children and the neighbours with their 6, and a few beers to give energy.

While taking part in a hopping race husband fell and broke his leg [:(]

That was the end of the sports, as we ended up in A and E.

• 2 weeks later...