Amy Winehouse

Russethouse

Just another pop star taking drugs, doing stupid things. Isn't the first and won't be the last.

The sad thing about it all is that the stupid media put these "stars" on pedestals and they become role models for kids. That's the real tragedy.

These stars always have a choice. Carry on with their lifestyle or get out and get their lives back.

But - and it's a big one - these people have the power to make other people very rich. Their management, record companies etc. This leads to a team of fixers and hangers on who have the eye for their own benefit, not the 'star' - so there is no pressure to be, for want of a better word, sensible, but a great deal of pressure to pander to every whim.

When that meets a weak character, as Amy seems to be, or Paul Gascoigne, Britney Spears, or John Belushi or whomever, the results can be disastrous. And no-one will help her whilst there is still a pound to be made out of her. So getting her life back is a mountain to climb with hangers-on dragging her down.

Shame to watch her physical decline, and shame on those for whom the tragedy of it escapes them.

I find myself partly agreeing with Dick Smith, ''She is sublimely talented, but distressingly damaged. The prison tattoos, the drugs, the whole persona. Winehouse has no self esteem, it seems. She has no class.''
However on the contrary I think she has class, but is being dragged down by her anchor.

When she looked and sounded better, Mark Ronson 'Valerie' , to come down from this is just a tragedy.

Bo Diddley - "You Can't Judge A Book By The Cover

I agree with Dick,  but actually I'd like toshake her, wake UP ! Get away from all these low media types and listen to your parents (who at least seem fairly genuine, who can tell)

Given the chance I think she could mature into an interesting artist - will she ? I wouldn't bet money on it - very, very sad

It's sad when someone has talent but blows it.  Some people can't handle the pressure, the media, being in the spotlight, whatever, and I wonder if those around her who are lapping up the money really give a monkey's what happens to her.  The Glastonbury video shows a pathetic young woman totally out of control - she couldn't even hit the right notes.  It's desperately sad to see someone go down the slippery slope - another Britney Spears.....

• 2 months later...