A Saturday night in ....

Kitty

Frenchie.  I'm not that far off your age either.  I don't feel older either so I was joking as well.  I just feel old when I talk to my children's friends.

I also teach like you  - in a French further education college (it wasn't what I was qualified to do but I have to make ends meet here) - and the pupils act as if I'm ancient.

But then, they are so immature, like the Beaujolais that I'm drinking now.

Thanks for the You Tube playlist tip - I'm playing wall-to-wall Elton John this evening.  All his ballads.

Oh I didn't know you were teaching Cathy!

Yes, this is sometimes the only moments when I feel older; when Im with the pupils..

They re so at ease with computers and new technologies, I feel like a granny sometimes   LOL

Yes, I was the same when I discovered playlists, HAPPY !

[:)]

I was trained in property and in law, Frenchie, and had my own practice but found that, in France, doors were closed to me.  For a time, I was a tutor at a major British university and so I took to teaching English to young adults here.  They are challenging - 16 to 19 year old girls - but it can be great fun.

Yes, I know it is not easy in France.

I know a British lady who was a fully qualified nurse in England, it took her ages to be able to practice here... ( translation of so many documents, etc etc )

By being in contact with teenagers, we keep young at heart innit ?? [;-)]