Sky card

Pads

You can't. It is set by the postcode used when it was bought.

I have one which is on Scottish TV which is a PITA because I can't think of anything I want to watch less. It's in my 2nd Sky box and I use my BBC East card to set it to that region then put the Scottish card back in which holds, it including CH 5, unless or until we have a power cut when it reverts to Scottish again.

But but but as Ernie said you cannot and you did not change it in France.

You can default it if you leave it unpowered for a long time but the default as far as I know is to London.

If by west country TV you mean BBC SW and CI , this can be found on the EPG around 988 or so , so set that on your favourites.  ITV for the west country can be set up as an additional channel in the EPG "add channels" menu if you know its coding, but for the little regional stuff that ITV does its hardly worth it, all the other channels are not regional as far as I know.

Hello Pads, certainly not an expert on this matter, but we moved from Yorkshire to France last September, so obviously Yorkshire was our last postcode. When we set up our box in France, initially we were still receiving Yorkshire TV, after about 2 weeks our signal automatically changed to Westcountry. I can only assume the fact that we now have our Sky card registered at a Devon address, the signal you receive must be linked to your postcode.

The only way in which I know to receive Westcountry TV is by adding Westcountry TV to your extra channels. To do this, is as follows:

With your digibox turned on, press the Services button on your remote, (it is near the top).

Select number 4 (System set-up), and then 4 again (Add channels).

You will then need to add info in the appropriate fields for Westcountry:

Frequency: 10.832

Polarisation: H

Symbol Rate: 22.0

FEC: 5/6

Then select Find Channels, the channels should appear after a few seconds.

Use the yellow button on your remote to place a tick against the channels you want to store.

When finished selecting the channels you want, press Select. The channels are then stored.

You can view the channels stored by pressing the Services button, then 6 (Other Channels), use the arrow key to move to the channel required, and press Select.

Hope the above is of some use, and will work if you try it. It worked for me when we moved from Devon to Yorkshire, and I was able to watch the highlights of Exeter City FC getting beating every week on Westcountry TV!

Thanks everyone ..... bit of fiddling around and I now have west country news on channel 3 ... that was all I wanted ... its only a spare card to take out to france as I got fed up trying to remember to take it with me each time and then to bring it back again... this one can stay out there ...

You may be right Grecian. My card is registered at my daughters address which is in the same region so no change to make for me.

I think then it may depend on what Pads means by 'bought a Sky card' [;-)]

If it's been bought legitimately from Sky, activated in UK, then brought to France,  then you would have to notify them of a CoA to the area region you wish to receive. If however it's been acquired 'unofficially' then obviously it's not going to be possible to do that as the card isn't even registered to you in the first place.