Dog waz ear....

Dog

That's great.  Looks very similar to the annual Kite Fest at Berck-Sur-Mer in Pas-de-Calais. 

This year's finished 2 weeks ago but I never miss it.

Great bargains to be had at the side stalls too.  I got a 4-line 5.5 metre Firebee for €100  !!!!  (the lines cost nearly as much though [:(] )

[quote user="Dog"]Pierre are you into kite surfing?[/quote]

I would like to be but I keep being told (by OH) that it's a 'Young man's sport' .  I'd probably end up killing myself [:(] but I'd love to try it[:P]

I've been looking around for a good school so my 2 boys can try it.

[quote user="WJT"]Really nice photos! Is that you wearing the cap with badges in the third photo?[/quote]

Not my photos - the man in the hat with the badges is Ray Bethell - he is quite a character - born near Salisbury now lives in Australia he is 80 and profoundly deaf after a viral infection robbed him of his hearing overnight.

He is a world record holder and flies three large stunt kites at once to music - he now needs prompting when the music starts as he cannot hear it. He has amazing energy for his age and lip reads well and has an amazing girlfriend of similar vintage and they hold hands...

Brilliant pix, Dog. Are you in any of them ? Years ago my friends son was very much into Kite Flying and it subsequently led to Parachute Jumping and he travelled the world doing it. So who lnows, Dog, we could see you jumping from a plane  next.  [:)] 

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

[quote user="Dog"]Pierre are you into kite surfing?[/quote]

I would like to be but I keep being told (by OH) that it's a 'Young man's sport' .  I'd probably end up killing myself [:(] but I'd love to try it[:P]

I've been looking around for a good school so my 2 boys can try it.

[/quote]

It was the kite you mentioned as I thought it was a pulling kite.

I was chatting to an American that was trying out a new kite surf board that hydrofoils - it looked very impressive.

I am annoyed as 25 years ago I was using large kites to pull me across bays in the water and had realised a dagger board was necessary to tack but took it no further.

Now I would like to get two old floater wind surf boards and bolt them together with a deck chair in the middle to kites surf in comfort!