Comments???????

powerdesal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1189802/No-knew-Dubai-wife-accused-adultery-jail.html

Possibly some of you will be aware of this story already.

There will no doubt be those who take the moral high ground of ''she knew the rules and deserves everything she gets''....however, the real story is somewhat different.

Obviously the Antias had / have an unhappy marriage. Perhaps Mr Antia (an Emirates Airline pilot) was equally 'playing away' who can say?

The fact is that Mrs Antia is / was a highly respected member of the local expat community, I dont know either of them personally but she is certainly a friend of a close friend of my wife.

We are all very certain that Mr Antia knew exactly what would happen if / when he told the Police and yet he still did so. His actions are considered (by the expat community) to be evil.

There are many things that go on in the expat community in the UAE that are (strictly) against the law, many of these are known by the Police and a blind eye is turned......until they are 'forced' into action by an official report. The expat community are aware of this and are, on the whole, reasonably circumspect in their actions. There are always idiots of course. This case highlights the nastiness of one particular person, and its not Mrs Antia.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Mr Antia wants to have  revenge, the money and the custody of the kids, no? But yes, PD, your take is about right.[/quote]

Agree completely.  It does make you wonder if another female would ever risk getting involved with him.  His nastiness and infamy may follow him to his lonely grave.

[quote user="Edward Trunk"]Islamic law says that a charge of adultery must be supported by four witnesses. Unless the lady was carrying out her (alleged) carryings-on in the middle of Jumeirah beach, I don't see that she's got anything to worry about.[/quote]

Edward, are you really sure? Can you provide any reference links please. I could pass the info on to those closer to the situation.

Obviously she has the present situation of being in jail to worry about.

• 3 weeks later...