Beware Amazon UK - Amazon Prime Service

Dog

Just got my credit card bill and found a charge of £47.57 for Amazon Prime.

Had no idea what it was for.

Having searched Amazon site I know find it's some sort of deal where you get free overnight delivery for this annual charge.

I did not sign up for it and it is of no use to me as they won't send to France in this deal.

Have emailed a complaint - keep an eye out for this on your bills.

I believe it's called Inertia Selling...........you're inert and they sell!  Sorry, shouldn't be amused but you know, you have to put it down to Experience and, as someone or other has said, Experience doesn't come cheap.

You have my sympathy, really........[:D]

[quote user="Russethouse"] I use 1 click but I don't get charged any extra, I think 1 click and Amazon Prime are separate entities....[/quote]

Yes, they are separate services.

Activating one does not activate the other. I have always avoided 1-click, as you only have very little time to change your mind!

After my email of complaint - give them fair due they replied quickly... I received the following email..

(I have made more than four changes to avoid copyright problems...)

If you didn't intend to convert your membership to a full 12-month membership, you should have selected "Do Not Upgrade" in your subscription options.

This information was provided in your “Amazon Prime Free Trial Membership Confirmation” email that we sent to you (which they didn't) in the Amazon Prime help pages, terms and conditions. We are sorry if this was not clear when you signed up for the Amazon Prime free trial membership. (Too true sport).

If you want to end your membership to a full 12-month membership, you can cancel your Amazon Prime membership and receive a full refund of the membership fee as you or your registered guests have not yet used your Amazon Prime benefits after the upgrade date listed above.

To cancel your membership to Amazon Prime and receive a full refund, please visit the membership cancellation page.

I have cancelled my membership hopefully I will be refunded. Conning people with unfair marketing and dodgy T&C's is not on. I would still like to know how I signed up for this expense.

The only explanation I can think of is that you accidently chose the "Free delivery and trial of Amazon Prime" (or whatever it's called) option when choosing your delivery method for a purchase.  I've never used i-click, as the ordinary purchasing procedure on Amazon is so sinmple and speedy that I can't think why anyone would want to do it faster. [:)]