ARISTON OVEN PROBLEMS

hakunamatata

I have searched to web to no avail so this is a last effort to find out what the error code FO4 on my built-in Ariston oven means.  The oven shuts down and displays this code ...... consequently half cooked chicken last night and no roasties!  The manual just says if you get an error code call the supplier - not a lot of good on Saturday night!  If anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful,.  

I have an Ariston washing machine and had a similar error impenetrable code. It turned out a coin has fallen in the filter... [8-)]

As the advice above is for another brand of oven, you could try another suggestion found elsewhere:

F04: Sonde de température de l'air ambiant en défaut.

Cette sonde doit détecter une température trop élevée dans son environnement.

Voyez donc pour améliorer la circulation de l'air autour de l'enceinte de votre four et de votre plaque.

F04: ambient air temperature sensor

The probe detects a temperature too high for its

environment. Improve air circulation around the walls of

your oven and hob.

• 2 weeks later...
I dont know if your manual is similar to ours but there are no error messages explained it just says call an engineer!  Our oven has been taken away today and we await a phonecall next week to let us know the likely cost of the repair!  There is only so much you can cook on a hob!

"Code panne F8E0: Problème de lecture d'information de témpérature client. Vérifier le commutateur de réglage de température, et à défaut remplacer la carte"

Apparently you can try unplugging the oven (or switching off at the fuseboard) for a while, and then see if the problem resolves itself. 

If not then you need to call their customer services http://www.services-techniques.fr/sav-hotpoint-ariston-s-71.html

In my manual there is nothing about error codes. I called service but they didn't want to tell me what the error code F8E0 means.

They will arrive and check wat's going on. But I wonder if it's really problem I have to pay for :-)

I'm just looking for the way to remove problem with my own :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure of the best place to post this  but no doubt if I am wrong it will be moved. 

We ordered our kitchen from Hygena in Narbonne and it has been in situ now for about 2 years.  We thought we would buy a good cooker, hoping it would outlive us, so we purchased an Ariston oven and were charged E700!  Shortly after its guarantee ran out (you've guessed it) the oven ceased working.  We initially went back to Hygena hoping they would help us with arranging for an engineer etc. They flatly refused.  We called a local engineer who has informed us that the repairs will cost in excess of  E300 We have told him to forget it.

I have since discovered that the maximum we should have paid for this oven was E499! and now most of the shops in our area are quoting a delivery of 3-4 weeks.  Could be a miserable mince and tatties for Christmas at this rate. 

Other people may have had good service from Hygena but we would not recommend them to anybody.