All very quiet

woolybanana

Well, it seems that everyone has gone to sleep. Where are you all, WB is here to play and noone seems to be about, even Norman, though I gather he is having a row with some yobs who rolled his barrel down a hill when he was inside? Or are you all watching the enthronement of the new pope or busy moving you unearned millions out of Cyprus or whatever.

Well, we, that's me and the person who puts up with my temper, had a most interesting time in Sicily (my first holiday proper in about 20 years), saw lots of good stuff like Norman castles and Cathedrals, Greek and Roman temples, a group of Mafia businessmen - but then they all look like that when dressed in suits and a loadsa roads that have fallen in, 'orrible little hilltop villages that are all dying and a couple of mucky beaches. For my Welsh friends, some really great sheep and satisfied shepherds with mobile fones (please note that this is a specific pair of Welsh friends and not the Welsh race!). Oh and we stuffed ourselves with seafood to the extent that my little bird is now a much bigger bird (Only joking, dear). And Etna grumbled and threatened slightly alarmingly.

Very impressed with the kindness of the Sicilians but do wonder where they go next - maybe they just go nowhere as they have always done. Clearly whoever wanted to unite Europe should have gone there first; it is just not possible to bring together such disparity as the Swedes, the Germans and the Sicilians, madness.

But glad to get the doggies back and to get the decent warm sun of the Vendée as opposed to the mixed weather of the Med and the snow at Milan airport.

Now then , where next?

Well it WAS quiet until you turned up again! [:P]

You've got decent warm sun in the Vendée ?? I'm only round the corner and we haven't got any here yet, in our little "microclimate" of supposedly 2300 hrs of sunshine per year.

Turned off the pope inauguration; why do they always pick these old geezers?

Glad you're back Wooly!

Well after a depressing weekend with the rugby and now with a three days off i.e. no guests there is painting in a couple of rooms to do and I rather hope to get out and dig the veg patch over ready to plant my spuds and other goodies.

Well Quillan we've not all had a depressing weekend with the rugby, have we Sweet? Through and through welsh couldn't believe our luck, especially after the first half of the Irish match. I really thought that was it for this year....Happy now though

[quote user="minnie"]Well Quillan we've not all had a depressing weekend with the rugby, have we Sweet? Through and through welsh couldn't believe our luck, especially after the first half of the Irish match. I really thought that was it for this year....Happy now though[/quote]

You lot don't get a lot to celebrate so enjoy the moment.  [B]

Where to next, Rome? I would go back there. Friends recommend Budapest, so that is on my list. And if I had a sou or two, it'd have to be NYC, that is somewhere I will never tire of. And other friends are off to southern Spain to Granada and also see all the marvels of that particular region, they have been before and my brother goes regularly too. And my Dad loves St Sebastien.

There are plenty of places to go.

And yes the board has been slow. I have been hibernating to be honest. Bed is a lovely place to be. Busy week this week though, lots to do, south bound this weekend to see son and friends and have no idea what the weather in the french alpes will be like next week.

idun, I think one of the main reasons this and other similar French Forums are so slow is that there are far fewer Brits contemplating moving to France in the current economic environment and many Brits in France like you have returned to the UK or moved on elsewhere.

Those who are young enough and want to emigrate are sensibly looking at countries like Australia and Canada, which have been relatively unscathed by the recession.

[quote user="Mr Ceour de Lion II"][quote user="NickP"]Every one is too busy worrying about the new pope and the Falkland Islands. [:D][/quote]

If he wants it so much, just dump him on a bit of rock there :)

[/quote]

What do they do at the Vatican when a new Pope is sworn in ....Do they keep the same bunch that has been steering the ship like a Vatican civil service that goes on for ever ? Or does a new Pope   take on a new crew ?   If that,s the case will this new Pope surround himself with Argentinian Jesuits ?  If so one bit of rock is not going to be big enough  !

Sorry Sprogster, just suggestions for Wooly's next holiday, not full time move.[:D]

When I first came on here, France was the bees knees and 'the' place to be, bestest place in the world, nothing like it.

We had never intended other than to move back to the UK after retirement and as we had already been in France for getting on for twenty years when I first started posting, that was actually fast approaching.

I suppose it didn't surprise me that so many ended up moving back, but I often wondered why.