What should Ed Balls do now?

woolybanana

[quote user="idun"] The man could end up doing lots of things. I can think of far worse than him at the moment, so why have a go at him in particular.

He is, as has been pointed out dead clever and I'm sure, as he has been politican so long, will use that tricky brain, which all of them seem to have, or develop, to find himself a job.

[/quote]

I suspect he is an intelligent guy but like many people the moment of the election that gave me the most pleasure was seeing him defeated......I used to just detest the way he stood in Parliament making silly flatlining gestures, like a 2 year old, when he had been part of the team who had helped get us in the mess to begin with. It demeaned Parliament as a whole ( and there are plenty of others who do the same, but not with his profile)

Sadly he comes over as bombastic and somewhat petulant....perhaps he'll find a better niche away from the House of Commons.

Q wrote:

' Labour has removed its objection to a referendum on the EU. This is not standing by their principles it is pandering to the minority of people in the hope of gaining a vote or two.'

and

'We need to get it over and done with and move forward within the EU.'

So we do not need a referendum as Q says the result will be to stay in the EU :)