Cricket

woolybanana

I think it probably was but Stokes had nothing to lose, so took huge risks which paid off. I was very impressed with the other batsmen Jack Leach, who although he isn't a batsman he played sensibly and made what could be described as the best 1 run not out innings of all time. A great day for England not forgetting the Aussies, who played very very well so a great day for the game of test match cricket. Also, the crowd were wonderful and created a fabulous atmosphere.

Taking nothing away from Stokes, it is a little ironic that both yesterday and in the World Cup the Aussies were denied in the last over by bad umpire decisions. I have not heard any complaints from them this time, though, which is a credit to the sportsmanship.

Alan, try reading the papers they are whinging up a storm, complaining that they want their sandpaper back, LOL, so much for Aussie sportsmanship. Bad decision by all means but, the umpire said not out, if they had not been so keen to keep appealing and lose their reviews, things might have been different. The result is what it is, all games suffer from bad decisions at times, it happens in all sports, and life of course.