Depressing days

woolybanana

According to the French papers today is supposed to be the most depressing (morose) day of the year. Seems reasonable as the fêtes are far behind us, it is grey and heavy or stormy and Spring is not yet really visible. And this year we have the added ‘bonus’ of looming Brexit To look forward to.

How are you feeling people, down, soaring, quietly desperate, too drunk to care, inspired? This is not a multiple choice?).

Weather here is fine, sunny and cold, blue skies, just how I like it!

I've given up worrying about Brexit and have succeeded in banishing it from my thought most of the time.  Need a breather until the 31st[:-))]

More pressing is how to avoid eating galette des rois this evening when we have our gym's AGM.  Have managed by having gastro and being malade to avoid eating any so far.  Dodged it ducking and diving with no one suspecting....  

[quote user="NormanH"]But the evenings are already lengthening and mimosa has  started to bloom...

[/quote]

Yes, light till just after 6 pm on a fine day.

Have been trying to get hold of a gardener to cut our hedges before the birds start nesting because then I'd have to wait till all the fledglings leave.