I am exhausted!

idun

I have just watched the last two episodes of Babylon Berlin and feel absolutely exhausted. It is not very often that any tv series or film just sucks into it completely, but this has.

Yes, it is late at night, but I am a nightowl, but I don't usually feel like this at this time of night.  I have been absolutely gripped by both series and am looking forward to hopefully a further series, even knowing how awful it will probably be.

It won't be to everyone's taste, but certainly to mine.

Late night viewing is by far the besr, as doudoune says.

Lori, when you move to your new place, could you have a satellite pointed at the satellites to give you Freesat programmes. Gives UK main channels plus a load more.

And it is free.

Here are the current offerings:

https://www.freesat.co.uk/tv-guide/

We had that when we lived in Provence.  And we actually got fairly good reception, except during storms.

I don't know if we can have one installed at the new address.  The owner is actually Irish (having lived in France for 27 years), so it is remotely possible he already has one.  Not sure.

Do you like Peaky Blinders Idun?  We like that one.  Haven't yet begun the latest season though (season 4 I think).

We enjoyed watching "The Irishman" too.  I wasn't sure those old guys could keep up the plot, but they did.

Husband says Babylon Berlin is not available on netflix France.  He's checking to see if it is on netflix U.S. or amazon prime.

I really liked watching the first two episodes of "Killing Eve."  I can't seem to find it in English anywhere.  I just couldn't enjoy it in French.  Just wasn't the same.  Kinda like "Malcolm in the Middle."  The voices and the original language were the best part of the show.  Dubbing was just a disaster.

Of the things that I have not watched and everyone I know raves about, are: Peaky Blinders, Outlander and Breaking Bad.

I am sure that there are more things that I should watch and haven't. Strangley three weeks into the lock down and I still haven't got around to watching,  Breaking Bad, which we have set up to go on tv.

Apparently Babylon Berlin is aired in France on Canal +.  We use FREE for our Internet / TV, so don't have Canal +. 

The show airs on Netflix in the U.S., but not Netflix in France.  Netflix used to allow VPN's to connect to your U.S. Netflix account.  They don't any longer and haven't for a while now.  So, we can only watch Netflix France programming (when using Netflix).

We really enjoyed Breaking Bad.  I'd watch the series again if the mood struck.  We really like Peaky Blinders.  Love the actors and the writing. 

Husband likes Outlander.  I didn't care for the first 2 episodes, so lost interest.  He thinks I should give it another chance.

Another older series we really enjoyed was Dexter.  Loved every episode.

One programme I’ll definitely be watching is The Great Mountain Sheep Gather, on BBC4 on Easter Monday at 19h.

The write-up says “Every summer, the sheep on Scafell Pike are gathered down to the farm for shearing. On this epic journey, a shepherd reflects on life while caring for his flock in this rugged landscape.”

A glorious part of the UK, my second favourite area here.

I love stuff like that GG.  I think the UK has made so many great documentaries and entertainment programs.  Sadly, we don't get to see many of them in France.

The French have also made some really good documentaries.  I've enjoyed a few since the confinement started.

I loved Crossing Lines too.

Giving programs a chance, my friend loved Downton Abbey, and her husband would not watch it, until he ended up watching it one day and was hooked.

I used to be on a food board years ago, with quite a lot of american ladies on it, and they loved the likes of Foyle's War.

We had never watched Last Tango in Halifax. However, the trailers for the last season looked as though they might be entertaining. So right near the end of the last season we thought we would watch it. Not having recorded it we went on to the BBC iplayer and found that there was also the previous 4 seasons there. So the thought was 'better start at the beginning'. Although there were so many plot lines we found it essential viewing and in a few days had viewed them all and then had to wait a couple of days for the last episode to be shown on the TV.