What will happen post covid19

woolybanana

Never ever will be fair, never has been either.

Us little people in general obey the rules and those in power or with wealth all too often abuse the systems, because I can only assume that other powerful folk built in systems for them to do so! Stinks doesn't it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't they hide their money (where?)

Exactly Lori. About fifteen years ago my neighbour proudly presented his grandson with a donation of E10,000 towards his first house.The authorities demanded to know where it had come from.

He had thought it was safe under his mattress.

[quote user="Hoddy"]Don't they hide their money (where?)

Exactly Lori. About fifteen years ago my neighbour proudly presented his grandson with a donation of E10,000 towards his first house.The authorities demanded to know where it had come from.

He had thought it was safe under his mattress.[/quote]

That reminded me of something that happened years ago, when we lived in the Far East.

There was fire in town, and our bank and a row of shop-houses were burnt down. One of the shops was our Chinese dentist's surgery.

He was not injured, as he was not living in the place, but a large part of his savings was hidden in a mattress upstairs.

Back to the subject of shopping.....

On UK News some shop owners are saying that they have no income as they do not have a web presence. Wonder how many will have one asap.

A number of web only sellers use self storage facilities to hold their stock so far cheaper than renting a shop with the addition of business rates.