Now I see me..now I don't

YCCMB

Bizarre. just popped in after a couple of days without a visit and I wasn't automatically logged on. Trawled through old e-mails, relocated password and logged on. Went away, came back, it said "welcome guest" again and none of the little yellow whatsits telling me of new postings were working. Went into a topic, became logged in again!! Went back to homepage, became guest again. Played this game for several minutes, trying to "surprise" the homepage into letting me be croixblanches and not a guest. It's a good game, but it gets boring quite quickly. More to the point,why is this happening??

Hi,

When you logged in did you tick the box to say that you wish to be logged in automatically for future visits?

The forum software will auto log you in if you join in a topic due to cookies. The back button to the home page would be a cached version of the home page as remembered/saved by your browser when you weren't logged in (so it doesn't have to reload the page). Pressing the F5 key will force the page to reload.

Regards

James

Seems to have got better all by itself! Yes, I do ask to be remembered and up to now I haven't had this problem, at least not since the software change when we all had to re-enter details. Curiously, when I had to re-enter my details this p.m., my password did reload itself 'cos I'd obviously ticked the box in teh past, but then I was told that I wasn't recognised!

Anyway, it's got better all by itself as I said, so it was probably just my turn for a visit from the gremlins! Sad that I spent as long as I did trying to trick the homepage into admitting it knew me, but it made a change from solitaire!