What time is it ?

Kevinmc

• 2 weeks later...
I find it really irritating (not to say confusing) that the time on the Home Page is wrong. I've raised it before on this Forum but it never seems to get put right. One thing is that whoever sets it up does not seem to understand what GMT and BST are, the other thing is that sometimes the time is just plain wrong, out by about 20 minutes the other day I noticed.

It's perhaps, a trivial thing to winge about but surely not difficult to correct.

(Grumpy Old) Liz (29)

It is indeed BST (though it says GMT). It was changed some time ago from GMT to BST at the request of forum users, one reason being, if I recall correctly, that GMT has little relevance to France.

You can please all of the people some of the time, or some of the people all of the time...

[quote]It is indeed BST (though it says GMT). It was changed some time ago from GMT to BST at the request of forum users, one reason being, if I recall correctly, that GMT has little relevance to France. Yo...[/quote]

Well, that really is screwy. It's BST even though it says it's GMT!! Isn't it possible to alter the bit that says "all times are GMT" ?

Liz (29)