Previous / Precedente

Guest CFrost

Hi all, thought I was going mad with this one, thought it was the new pc I have had to buy (last one blew up) but I seem to have same problem in that the 'back' button will only work with double click and the pages load but are not 'active ' for a few seconds. Maybe I am going mad or it may be the website playing up

ah well, only time will tell!

Kimberley

Chadeniers 17 

If this sort of problem happens again, or if you end up on a site that hijacks your back button and refuses to go anywhere,  right click on the back button and you get a list of the most recent sites/pages you have been to.

Guest CFrost

Hi Andy

Had a little look at the back button, and you are right, there appears to be an unknown web address (loadsa numbers) above all the living france addresses.  How do I get rid of it??  I have the latest security suite fully updated and spyware.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated By the way, the access via the laptop is fine! ah well

Thanks for the tip

Kimberley

chadeniers 17

Guest CFrost

I reckon there must be a gremlin in the works, 'cos now it seems fine, but for how long I ask myself

Kimberley

I recently posted this in the Post Bag forum under "Site Problems".

"Although my antivirus program (McAfee) has not picked up anything, I assumed that I had somehow downloaded a Trojan. When I used the "back" button I was accessing http://209.225.34.37/c and sending imformation about my browser etc. I was then returned to the same page I had been reading. A search on Google led me to some French sites. I can't find any of the files, mentioned on these sites, on my computer. I performed a full system scan using McAfee and AdAware - both completely clear. I have put the site in the danger zone in my security settngs, which has stopped the sending of information, but I'm not sure whether I've stopped it informing the site that I'm online.

Is it a Trojan on my (and possibly your) computer, was it on the forum server or am I pursuing a red herring?

Any further info would be appreciated."

The only relevant reply was from Forum Admin saying that they didn't know of any "back button" problems! I can only think that it was something on the old La Mairie server. All now seems OK. I have left the site in my danger zone, just in case the problem returns.

Regards

David