Problem

Nick Trollope

Just got this when I tried to post a reply (in the owning french prop section)

Server Error in '/' Application.

The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected]

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected]

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x8004020f): The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. 
The server response was: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected]][TargetInvocationException:
 Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]   System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, 
BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] 
namedParameters) +0   System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, 
Object target, Object[] args, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParameters) +473
   System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args) +58[HttpException 
(0x80004005): Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.]   System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj,
 String methodName, Object[] args) +111   System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) +1857   
System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message) +150   InstantASP.InstantForum.Logic.SendMail(String strTo, 
String strSubject, String strBody) +472   InstantASP.InstantForum.Logic.SendEmailNotifications(Int32 TopicID,
 Int32 ForumID, Int32 UserID) +817   InstantASP.InstantForum.WebSite.post.AddPostBtn_onClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.I
PostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent
(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent
(NameValueCollection postData) +33   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

This is a new one on me. Sorry that I have posted it to the forum, but I couldn't be arsed to report it properly .....

EDIT - It did it again on my next posting, although the postings seem to have survived.

Had the same last night and emailed the Forum Tech person through the Contact page of the main website, as the forum server "did not exist"

Clair

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.]

System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction) +474

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction) +372

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +384

InstantASP.InstantForum.Logic.AddMemberToActivityTable(Int32 intUserID) +325

InstantASP.InstantForum.Logic.GuestLogin() +30

InstantASP.InstantForum.WebSite.Global.Session_OnStart(Object Sender, EventArgs E)

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.RaiseOnStart(EventArgs e) +132

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.CompleteAcquireState() +512

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +697

System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +66

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +173

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

________________________________________________________________________________

Clair, I had the above notice earlier this evening while trying to post a response. What I did not know that each time I tried reposting my response was in fact going through and the same message appeared six times. Fortunately I spotted the repetition and was able to delete five via the edit facility.

Baz

PS Can a moderator adjust the width of the pages in this topic.

I never got as far as posting, as I could not even access the forum; I tried "Favourites" (my usual route in), I tried the link from the automated "message subscriber", I tried via the LivingFrance website...

I had a similar problem again this morning when trying to read the last message in this thread...

It's really getting worse...

Clair