posts since last visit - repeat request

Owens88

Hi

I wish to repeat the request to re-instate the 'posts since last visit' feature.

The 'active ' filter is no way the same as many posters have said. I would like to add a point.

When we get 'barneys' going on, or even the very friendly and familiar threads about notyhing, they tend to involve just a few people (fair game) but also dominate the first page of 'active'. Even worse they often starts off with a heading that tends to indicate something other than 'hi guys whats happening?' (nothing wrong with that per se) so I repeatedly look into a thread to find the 'same ol'  people having a chat.

There is nowt wrong with the meandering chats amongst a few people, but if we could see the index+active (or posts since last visit) we would have a better fix on whether to even view them.

Hi,

Request noted. At present the software doesn't have a 'post since last visit' within 'active', only on individual forums - not sure about future editions, have asked developers to investigate this.

However, if it did you would still have the latest posts displayed for that particular period, even with a 'mark as read' feature, any new posts added would still show (just like the active page) as you wouldn't have read them.

James

Hi James. Thanks for the reply. I may not have been clear in my request.

I am actually trying to avoid the 'active' filter. The 'bar stool conversations' dominate that page (almost by definition really) .

OTOH I do want to view activity across a wide range of sections.

What I was hoping for was something like http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/ but with a 'posts since last visit' count quite evident without opening a section.   Your reply makes me think that might even be available now but I am too incompetent to use it.

I confess that I can no longer recall how the old system worked so the request above may not be exactly the same as 'the old way' .

I too miss this feature. To clarify, its not actually the 'posts since last visit' as such as this is available with 'not read' and 'active'. The problem is that you have to view the post even if only briefly before going 'back' otherwise they remain in the list for next time. With 'the other forum' you get a list but can scan the titles and ignore ones of no interest (gleaned from the title or a previous view). When exiting the list is reset and only posts since your 'last visit' appear on your next visit. All the posts are ' gone' including those not viewed. They are of course available via the main forum page. 

I usually visit daily and there are often 60+ topics to view which takes ages with the current system.

Tony