Search by USER

M

Where are you looking Mrs T?  It actually does work in the search box with or without an E mail address, but generally it only gives you the posts that includes that a users name, in E cooling's case only one message comes up out of 23 or so.

Ron, I'm looking at the same thing as you, but actually, it doesn't work.[;-)]

Don't you remember we used to be able to look at all a persons posts, whether they included their name in the post or not.

So if I wanted to look at all E coolings posts, I could do so with ease.

Now, as you say, I can only see one out of 20 odd.

This has been explained by someone like James, or Tim Stephenson, and it's something to do with the software 'knowing 'us by our email addresses, (which are mainly private) not our user names.  If we don't know the email address, there is no way to look at all a members posts

I really don't know how much clearer I can be.[:(]

Sorry Mrs T that is sort of what I meant, I know you cannot do the old search of all posts but I had some luck looking for example at the quiz queen Blade, maybe it was because everybody who replied used a quote so all her posts showed up and E coolings did not.  So are you saying that if for example I knew your Email address ( which I do, its for sale for 2 € and a jar of marmite to any spammers out there)[:D])........... I could do a search on that basis? 

PS  E mail address sale was a joke, I would not sell it for less than two jars of marmite and a lb of cheddar[:D]

• 2 weeks later...