How to stop email notification of new posts on thread?

Daft Doctor

A few weeks ago I asked to be notified by email when a new posting was made to a thread I was interested in. The thread in question proved interesting to a lot more forum members, and before I knew it I was and still am being bombarded with email notifications (there are over 200 postings to date).

I followed the instructions at the bottom of each email to change my profile to disallow receipt of any emails, but they still keep coming! What can I do? Do I have to wait until interest in the thread in question finally wanes?

Help much appreciated

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1758955/ShowPost.aspx

How do I stop the notifications of reply?

By default, you will receive a notification of reply whenever you post a message. To stop the notifications:

• Go to Email Options at the bottom of your profile page and select No for "Enable Email Notifications of replies to your posts"
  • Or un-tick the box marked "Email me replies to this post" bottom left below the reply box each time you post a message

• Or click on the "Notify" button with the bell icon at the top left of each thread page in your forums

Alternatively, go to your profile and disable the e-mail notification althogether.  Then, if you decide you want to get replies to a specific thread, you can do the reverse of what Albert is describing and enable just the ones you want. 

(Or, in other words - what Clair said.)[:D]

Hi, thanks. I have unticked 'notify' bell on the thread heading.  I must say however (as I said in my original post) I did disable all email communications and notifications through my profile and it made no difference at all.  Perhaps that is something the forum webmasters need to address?