Strange diet?

I currently find myself on a diet of lettuce and courgettes with raspberries and cherries as desert. Can anybody suggest a wine to go with it? Or instead of preferably.
I am losing the battle with the courgettes and lettuce even after having a 'happy hour' with both. Is there some better use I can put the courgettes too instead of eating them because, you have to admit, they are on the 'c list' as far as veg goes are they not?

Pick the courgettes when they are about as long as an index finger. Fry the washed whole vegetables lightly in oil and butter until they start to brown (lowish heat) then add some salt, black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice - this moves them up to A list status (only recipe I know that does apart from substituting the black pepper for a shake of chilli powder).

Enjoy!

Valerie

Get some chickens, they love the courgettes and you can either have eggs or chicken to vary your diet... while waiting for them I would have thought almost any red, ros or dry white wine would do...

• 2 weeks later...
>I currently find myself on a
>diet of lettuce and courgettes
>with raspberries and cherries as
>desert. Can anybody suggest a
>wine to go with it?
>Or instead of preferably.
>I am losing the battle with
>the courgettes and lettuce even
>after having a 'happy hour'
>with both. Is there some
>better use I can put
>the courgettes too instead of
>eating them because, you have
>to admit, they are on
>the 'c list' as far
>as veg goes are they
>not?

Why not make some courgette chutney? My neighbour gave me loads last year, a funny greeney black colour. I chopped, added onions, turmeric, vinegar and sugar, and boiled. Voila!!
Didnt have a recipe, but it turned out great. Next time, I think I will add a little curry powder to give a little more 'kick'.