IS THERE LIFE AFTER DEATH

Been viewing and posting here for a while now. Lived in France full time for just over a year. Seems a lot fewer posts on here now and all moaning about this and that. Have not found anything here to bitch about apart from thing shutting down from 12 till 2. This should be a positive forum with a little real world thrown in and not a place to winge about things. Learnt much on here but now feel a little put off posting helpful reply's to people because of the negative tone which now seems to be the order of the day.
love and hugs,
Richard (Aude)

I agree, this is how I see it:

The people who haved lived in France and have fully integrated won't be here, cos they're fully integrated, and have they're own lives and don't want to hang out on a forum with newby brits

The people who are planning to come here will be here to find out what it's going to be like, what they need to know

The people who have arrived in the last few years and are integrating, will pop in and pop out to find new things, make new friends etc

The people who have been here for years AND spend all their time here... well it is obvious they haven't quite let go of the UK but not quite embraced France, or they have some commercial interest in talking to other Brits

We bought 15 years ago, no such things as Forums then!!
Moved 12 years ago. Found this place a while ago. When i am working I have no time to post. When I can ,I help with practical matters. I have put up 'happy with life' posts and been shot down in flames for that. Some miserable ones maybe, we have been through all sorts since we have been here, but I don't want to offload my problems on the rest of the world, friends are for that
I don't fit in here because I am not part of the 'back slapping clique', but I never fitted in back home either- too different I suppose. I happen to find people interesting and read lots of things on the net to find out more- this place is a real eye-opener sometimes.There are a some people on here who use this as some sort of 'therapy' or escape ,you will find the same sort of people on other forums as well.

As for the 12-2 thing, you will get used to it, frustrating as it sometimes can be.As I say to every body, France is neither better nor worse than other places ; just DIFFERENT!!!
So " Vive la difference"

Wendy- who is filling in that dead time while waiting for clients to arrive.

I have avoided reading this thread for days but not much else happening today so........
My comment - plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
There werent many on this site when I first joined. I remember Teamedup joining (and immediately joining in the fray) when she was spelt differently. Some people rave, some people rant - this is what is called an exchange of opinion. The constant on this site is that the ranters and the ravers think that the other side is wrong. This has been going on for years - same old, same old.
Me ? I dont expect to find paradise on earth anywhere but its not my place to rain on someone elses parade! My husband finds much to grouch about, I find much to be thankful for - its our natures.
I dont post that much but I read the threads every day and feel that I know so many of you - and wouldnt change any of you! This site has been so helpful to so many - not only practically but also as an outlet. Like anything else in life, like France - it has its good and bad moments.
Have a nice day, y'all!