Crime Free Mayenne?

Sad but true. No where in France is crime-free as some people would believe. Unfortunately tis the season of theft and related crimes due to the huge number of people leaving their habitats and "trying their luck" elsewhere. I don't believe being english had anything to do with it,they were just very unlucky and could have been french too.

>An english couple who run a
>small bar in Mayenne were
>robbed on Thursday.

Your exact point being..........?
Or are you having a shock, horror Sun newspaper moment.
If you are possibly hinting that we have a whip round then count me out as I have had my own similar experiences (in the UK)and sadly its nothing new.

This is what we call in th UK an "artifice burglary" or distraction burglary. In the UK it is usually aimed at those who are aged 70 plus and allegedly, are far too easy a target. Whoever the offenders were in this case, had done their research and knew at what time of day to commit this offence.

Irrespective of the country in which this happens, it is a blow to one's self esteem and far more so to those who have relocated to another country and find themselves victims of such an offence.

No weedon, I am not suggesting that we have a whip round in order to replace what these unfortunate people have lost.
What I will say is this, when such an event happens (God forbid), that each and everyone one of us should be more sympathetic to the victims of such a crime.

David