Moving checklist?

Gwen,

I'm absolutely 100% confident that this has been comprehensively covered somewhere in the forum within the past 18 months. Have you tried doing a search using words like "checklist", "moving house" etc.

If I remember where it was I'll post the thread.

Penny

Just as idea, but doesn't this subject warrant its very own FAQ Conference? Its definitely something that anyone purchasing a house in France will need help with.. (ok, I admit that I have a particular interest at the moment!) I looked in all the posts that Penny kindly attached which were useful, but the information was in amongst the usual jolly comments - which are great but take a lot of sifting through...
Perhaps some of the 'old hands' can come up with a definitive list with maybe some useful links to other sites where required?

One of the most important things is to get all those papers sorted out which you are going to need here like - informing Newcastle Child Benefit when you are leaving and for them to send details to you, proof of your no claims on your car insurance etc for the french insurers and let the Inland Revenue know for future use of where to send pension details to etc. Everyone you will still be dealing with in the UK like banks need to have details changed and you have to change savings accounts into non-residential in UK ones.