Posts reduced???

Washy

Ah what wonderful musical memories eh, Miki and Grief backed by the inimitable Nancy Whisky.

Otherwise known as 2 pints of Fullers ESB and a scotch !

?? freight train ?? freight train ?? going so.............................

[quote]Dick, I will be changing my avatar at regular intervals, I shall be proudly presenting my "senior" heros. The next one is............well you will see[/quote]

Miki,

I think we could have a good competition to guess the true identity of your avatars, a bit like the picture board on Question of Sport. As avid a football fan as I am I will need a few more up to date ones as I am no Chelsea fan. That said I like them more since Roman invaded. As much as I want my beloved Liverpool to be up there it is nice to see someone other than the two unmentionables winning!!!!!!!

[quote]Miki, I think we could have a good competition to guess the true identity of your avatars, a bit like the picture board on Question of Sport. As avid a football fan as I am I will need a few more up ...[/quote]

Hi Jirac,

I was sad to see Gerard Houllier leave Liverpool but I guess like Sir Bobby today, their time had come.

How either of our teams will depose ****nal is anybody's guess (I am ruling out Utd this year, with a little bit of trepidation) they really do have some great players and have got in to their stride even quicker this year. I wish we had bought Reyes when he was up for grabs but.............

Sorry but I still think footballers are fitter than rugger lads

How can you all talk so much about football, yet not a mention of the best thing that ever happened to it - Alan Hansen?

With his youthful polished good looks, he could be an honorary Tracy Brother.    His post-match commentary is the nearest that football gets to Milton -  loaded with depth and meaning, delivered with passion and intelligence in that completely edible accent.

And I ask you, who else, in the whole history of the universe, has EVER looked remotely good in a brown suit? 

[quote]How can you all talk so much about football, yet not a mention of the best thing that ever happened to it - Alan Hansen? With his youthful polished good looks, he could be an honorary Tracy Brother. ...[/quote]

But do you not think that Georgie, the smile, the dimple, "the dieu de foot" is still a bit more chic than Big Al ? Georgie carries off a mean chocolate brown suit, has an edible brogue and at no time was Mr H fit to lace Georgie's "eloquent size 8's". but I wouldn't say no to his job and I would wear the suit to boot!

[quote]But do you not think that Georgie, the smile, the dimple, "the dieu de foot" is still a bit more chic than Big Al ? Georgie carries off a mean chocolate brown suit, has an edible brogue and at no time...[/quote]

Sigh, Miki, you may be right.

It's probably just girlie hormones talking. 

I don't even know what colour car he drives. 

Well, this topic has become the perfect example of what happens when it starts to go off subject. You just end up with something else completely. With the old system, it was fine and often interesting (sometimes more interesting) when things went off at a tangent, and if you didn't want to follow that tangent, you could return to the main thread and follow another path. This one has been completely lost.

Now, if I could just be really boring and bring it back to the matter in hand - loss of posts.

Aren't the lost posts actually those which were in sub-threads. I noticed on one topic I'd been involved in that it had considerably less posts, and that some of my responses were missing. Therefore, I assumed that when everything was transferred over, it was the sub-threads that got lost.

OK, now you can carry on with the other conversation. Sorry to have interrupted. Oh and no - I wasn't actually replying to SB's post. I was replying generally to the beginning posts in the topic.