Cinema

Glenn

Can anyone please explain the following which may be obvious, but....!

Films labelled VO, Version Original, does that mean original actors voices but with French subtitles?

Films labelled VF, Version Francaise, does that mean French voices dubbed over and no subtitles?

Thanks in advance!

[quote]Can anyone please explain the following which may be obvious, but....! Films labelled VO, Version Original, does that mean original actors voices but with French subtitles? Films labelled VF, Ver...[/quote]

You are generally correct, but sometimes VO may not have French subtitles, it is just the original language film. I have some DVDs labelled VOST - original language with French subtitles.

Oh and aren't the french just the worst nation for matching up their dubbed voices to foreign actors, especially american ones. It makes me howl when you get a big macho Bruce Willis with a squeaky yappy french voice or a weed with a deep accent.

Oh and aren't the french just the worst nation for matching up their dubbed voices to foreign actors, especially american ones. It makes me howl when you get a big macho Bruce Willis with a squeaky yappy french voice or a weed with a deep accent.