Text messages to UK

Georgina

Does anyone know the most reasonable way to text the UK from France with a UK mobile phone. Which is the most economical way to send and receive.  Tried asking in shops but they give me wrong answers and mostly don't know what I am talking about. How much are you paying?? 

Cheers

Georgina

I’ve certainly never been charged by O2 for receiving text messages while abroad and I’m surprised that Orange is charging you.  I’ve had a quick look on the Orange website and cannot find any reference to users being charged for incoming text messages, I suggest you query this with Orange Customer Services – perhaps you could let us know what they say?

I’d recommend anyone taking their UK mobile abroad to check with their network for details of any available international use discount schemes.

For example O2 have “International Traveller Service” which is £2.99 per month on tariffs below O2-200 (free on O2-200 or higher).  This makes receiving a call in France 28p per minute compared with the normal 94ppm.

All other call charges are cheaper too, although there is no discount on text messages.