What do they sell there?

Bought a little book the other day that lists all the different types of antique/junk sales in the Pays de Loire region.  I looked to see what was on next week in 53 and saw there is one, its called Bourses.  I looked in my dictionary to see what it was and to say I was surprised was an understatement.  I am not sure I am bold enough to ask my neighbour if she can confirm it for me.  My dictionary says its......sort of......tackle.....not fishing, the other sort.

weedon

[quote]Bought a little book the other day that lists all the different types of antique/junk sales in the Pays de Loire region. I looked to see what was on next week in 53 and saw there is one, its called B...[/quote]

It's one of those multi-purpose words. 'The Bourse' most commonly is known as the French Stock Exchange.

"Bourse d'Échanges" is usually used for collectors' meets - the equivalent to a UK "swapmeet". Models (railways and cars), trade cards, phone cards, etc. etc. They began as venues for enthusiasts to meet, talk, swap items and sell a bit. Mostly now just selling.

Jo