Book swopping idea

Not sure if there's any interest, but after giving a book which I'd read away to someone on another forum, I came up with an idea.  The person who I was sending the book to, offered to cover the cost of postage, instead I suggested that they just send me a book back which they no longer want.  The result - for the price of posting a book to someone you get a new-to-you book in return.

Anyone got any books they would like to exchange?  I can start the ball rolling with" Bridget Jones - The Edge of Reason'

A spot of deja vu there - got a strange Saturday Swop Shop feeling!

[quote]Not sure if there's any interest, but after giving a book which I'd read away to someone on another forum, I came up with an idea. The person who I was sending the book to, offered to cover the cost ...[/quote]

If you go to www.bookcrossing.com there is a sort of book swop world wide.

You leave a book in a public place for somebody to find and enjoy.  On the inside you put some sort of details which you then enter onto the website and where you have placed it.  The next person does the same thing after they have read it and on and on it goes.

You can go onto the website to see details of where books are currently waiting for others to pick up.

weedon

PS

There have been 299 books released in the Provence area in the last 3 days for example.

Not quite book swapping I know but for people in 24 (or anywhere else if you live close or are passing through) there are two alternative ways of disposing of books, especially if, like us, you have to 'downsize' your library after you arrive here.

Firstly there is the Bibliotheque Anglais, which is based in Carmensac in the Mairie of Meyrals, which is always looking for donations of books.  Open to people from anywhere to join, small fee, part of ACIP, a not for profit organisation which works on helping to integrate Brits (or any other nationality) into France.

Secondly, there is a terrific Association in 24 which brings children from Chernobyl who are very unwell over to France for a holiday every year and which take donations of books which it sells to raise the funds to bring the kids over.  It also has lots of other great, fun, fund raisers every year, very worthy cause.

Anybody wants more details, happy to supply them if you pm me.

Again, not quite book swapping (and I think perhaps mentioned on here before) but...

For anyone living near, or visiting, Cenac in the Dordogne, Nigel at the launderette there has an excellent free english book exchange.  There are usually at least 200 books available and you can exchange as many books as you like.

It's opposite the creperie.