A verrrrry Frrrrrench pastime

Someone hides a box in the wild, with a selection of small objects inside. They leave clues for you to find it. You take along a small object of your choice, and swap it for one in the box, leaving a note to say what you've done.

Register on this site, there's a French version and an English version:

http://www.cistes.net/

Judging by the map of Europe you see during the registration, this is hugely popular in France. Have a good time!

Smile

Sorry can't help it, forgive me...........

bet this would go down a bomb in London at the moment.

This sounds like putting your lunch box down and someone knicks your apple and you find a banana in it's place.  I must say I've not heard of this.

I believe it is quite popular in the UK with teenagers. Called “Geo…” something (i.e. name starts with “Geo”). Not done it myself but I know of a few parents who think it a good idea as it helps get their children outside and away from games consoles/computers.

Ian

GPS?   Sacre bleu, none of that modern nonsense here, merci!   Een la belle France, eet ees done by meens of riddly instroocsionz. 

Par exemple A la sortie du grand village traversé par la plus binaire des routes, zat means ze village on the RN 110, becoz 110 is a binary number, non?    

Is it fun with GPS?

Really Terry, you're too young to be so cynical! 

I resent your suggestion that I wear an anorak - I ask you, do Decathlon sell anoraks?   I mean, they're French, right?   That means they're stylish, modern, sophisticated, therefore no anoraks.  Really!

As for GPS, well, the nearest I got was a promotional poster in Lidl, 329 euros, where I thought "goodness me, that's a lot of money!"     So  if I were me (note that subjunctive), I'd stick with the anorak-free riddle method.