Are we prisoners here?

Alexis

I have friends who are long time renters and have actually improved the property at their own expense, modernized the kitchen, put in a shower made a very pretty garden as well as general decorating. In fact the landlady recently paid for the house to be re carpeted even though they have both a dog (a rotty) and cat (did have 5 at one point).

On the other hand friends who have 3 buy to let properties are selling because the rules on payment are changing so that the authorities(DHSS?) pay the tennant rather than pay the landlord direct. This has already lead to arrears in one case...

There are people who will need go back to the UK, be it from choice or necessity.  Who knows what surprises life springs?

I imagine it would be difficult to buy a house outright with the money they make on the sale of their house here.  Depends on the department of course.

Unlike those rich English who have only just decided to live here and have LOADS of money

Swings and roundabout Debra.  It is only really the last three years that the prices have taken off around here in Brittany.  Before that, I would have sold for what I had paid.

Not now though!  Where is the rubbing the hands with glee icon?

Until I buy another, that is!