Acte Definitive - When??

fledermaus

Does anyone have any idea when you usually get a confirmed date for signing the final acte for the house purchase? We signed the compromis in the middle of April, and an end date of 30 July was entered. I now want to get confirmation of this date, as we are moving out of our UK house at the end of the month and staying with various different people until we get into the house in France, hence contacting us will be hard and we need to sort removals and travel to France, leave etc before we move out. I can't get hold of my notaire, despite several phone calls, who do you normally chase for this - is it the notaire or estate agent, and when do you find out, if you don't chase anyone??

[quote]Does anyone have any idea when you usually get a confirmed date for signing the final acte for the house purchase? We signed the compromis in the middle of April, and an end date of 30 July was entere...[/quote]

In our case we were contacted by the Estate Agent to arrange for a meeting with the Notaire to sign the acte definitive. We had no dealings with the Notaire himself. It was exactly on the day of the entered date on the compromis but we heard only about 1 week in advance. But I would chase the Estate Agent to let you know the date as soon as possible.

Good Luck!

Monika (61)

Your timescales are the same as mine were last year. I too only had 1 week's notice from the estate agent of the appointment and this meant a rush to get funds transferred direct to Notaire in time. But on the day it was all fine.

Ring , get a friend to talk to the person from whom you are buying. The Notaire basically checks the land registry and collects the tax on behalf of the French Government. Your vendors should be OK because the sooner the money goes to the NOtaire  the sooner they get it.

Like the others I had dealings with the Estate Agent, they are the ones who make money on the sale so they are as keen as anyone to sort things out. In my case the proposed date was 31 December 2004 and the actual date was 2 March because of complications. However the date was confirmed by the estate agent 2 - 3 weeks before hand (try and get that if possible or you could run the risk of not having the money with the Notaire on time).

Good luck!

Sue