Moving to the South of France

Hello there,

Me and my husband are planning to move to the South of France in the mid term future. We have been doing lots of research on properties, cost of living and transferring our savings etc. We have been reccomended a couple of companies who transfer money from the UK to france, but we have no prior experience in dealing with foreign exchange companies. Has anyone had any expereince in using Caxton FX, or Moneycorp for transferring money? Thanks.  

I used currencyonline (as part of hifx) about a month ago... Was a little anxious as it was a large sum, and I couldn't get through to anybody on the phone. In the end I looked at their online tutorial and just did it myself without speaking to anybody, and it went very smoothly.

I used Moneycorp for the purchase of the house and for buying more than £10K of Euros.  Very good, very transparent and no hitches at all.

I now use a Caxton FX Euro Currency Card - excellent for day to day cash and you can load the card and find out the balance using a mobile (TXT messages).  I've also used Caxton FastPay for smaller transfers to my Britline Account in France.

All in all a very easy and stress-free experience with all these companies.

BR 

Thank you very much for the feedback everyone. Much appreciated. We gave Caxton FX a call and have opened an account. Although we haven't actually transferred any money as yet, it was very quick and straight forward (even for me). Hoping the Euro will continue to climb. And thanks Sprogster, good tip. I have checked and checked again and both are regualted by the FSA.

[quote user="Samantha89"]

Thank you very much for the feedback everyone. Much appreciated. We gave Caxton FX a call and have opened an account. Although we haven't actually transferred any money as yet, it was very quick and straight forward (even for me). Hoping the Euro will continue to climb. And thanks Sprogster, good tip. I have checked and checked again and both are regualted by the FSA.

[/quote]

The euro to climb or the pound to climb, Samantha?  Which way are you moving?[8-)]

Me, I want lots and lots more euros for my pounds!!!

Apologies. A typo, I meant sterling, not euro. I have no experience in the 'correct lingo' concerning money transfers. :)  Luckily the staff at caxton fx are much more knowledgeable than me and are keeping an eye on the rates. Thanks again to everyone for all the helpful comments.