Vive la France

[quote]I went to the recent French Property show and the exihitors there were unanimous in saying that it was very poorly attended.[/quote]

I just wondering if the lure of France for the Brits is waning. Certaining, many of the living abroad and holiday home programmes on UK TV are now concentrating elsewhere.

Baz

While its true there is a large property section to Vive la France, it encompasses a great deal more than that.

The first time I went I thought there was too much that was not connected with France, credit card 'promotions' etc but last time there was far less of that. Lots of French regions promote themselves there, there is food and drink to buy and what could be loosley described as 'French style'. It made a good day out.(although it gets warm, and you need comfy shoes, but you do at ALL these Expo's)

Last time I hauled half a dozen bottles of wine home via the underground and train. Next year I am going equipped with one of those little square trolleys (ours came in with our Picasso car and was probably made for the purpose !!)

The ad for next year mentions Cookery demonstrations, Fashion shows and live music.

It made a good day out.

could the waning of france on the relocation shows be due  to ;

people are getting their act together with regard to france, and so there are less disasters which the production companies need to make good tv

and, the rise of cheaper east med countries where the language, customs, and laws are still a minefield, and so have more chance of producing "incompetent brit abroad" incidents.

>>and, the rise of cheaper east med countries where the language, customs, and laws are still a minefield, and so have more chance of producing "incompetent brit abroad" incidents.<<<

4.30 pm (UK time) Channel 4

It has to be seen to be believed !!!! If you thought Cheryl & Lee were 'bad' Spain - snail farm) these two beat even them.

Gay,

As we are putting our French house on the market (as we speak) in the hope of buying an apartment instead, we may well visit the Vive La France exhibition in January.  If we do, we would love to meet up for a coffee.

We did attend the French Property exhibition at Olympia and it was good to be able to get around without the hordes of people we've had to fight our way through at the Vive la France.

".....for all the stalls and market produce that bring a welcome touch of France to drab west London"

And that is seriously when I want to be in West London itself, away from a drab and wet Brittany (and the Doo Don before that) !!