Friday Night .... Help Me

This cannot be healthy. My wife has gone to a meeting at the school and left me in charge. We have thousands upon thousands of books in this house covering every topic we could ever wish to look up, as well as a treasure trove of World Literature. What am I doing? I'm watching Star Academy.

I just can't help myself. It's the same germ in my makeup that makes me look at road accidents. I am sitting here squirming at the awfulness of it all. Am I the only person using this forum who watches this drivel? Celine Dion is on this week, and I have to say that she's got a look on her face that suggests that she's trodden in dog poo. Presumably sales of whatever new album she has out aren't going too well. She can't need the money that badly, can she?

The worst bit is that I have started to care about who gets chucked off (should be - in a just and fair World - that slimey git Gregorie this week, but the girls seem to like him, so my money is on Jil) and who the eventual winner will be. My brain is starting to leak out of my ears...anyone fancy a couple of francs on the eventual outcome????

Oh yes!   Back in the UK now, but sadly, the first thing I do on Saturday morning is to look up on the internet to see who has been removed!

I don't think this lot are as talented as the last lot were, and I would bet that Magali won't win!

What's worse is that the OH also takes a passing interest as well and he doesn't normally listen to anything that isn't opera.   What is this fascination?

[quote]Oh yes! Back in the UK now, but sadly, the first thing I do on Saturday morning is to look up on the internet to see who has been removed! I don't think this lot are as talented as the last lot wer...[/quote]

My tip for victory is Maud. She may have a certain paucity of talent, but she is very, very blonde and (as anyone who watched the last series when the ghastly Elodie won will know) this is a winning combination! We're talking about the media industry here, after all.

[quote]those who watched the last series Sorry you have sliiped into a time warp Repeat after me 1 Jenifer 2 Nolwen 3 Elodie 4 Greqoire - Their not at all blonde, but long awaited male winner[/quote]

Grief - you're right! I must have blanked it out. One sometimes does in cases of trauma. Hoda should have won the last series - she was robbed.