How do I address the Maire in writing??

Yvonne

Did you like/see L'été meurtrier ? If not, it's a must-see, he's such a natural in that otherwise wonderful film, yet it was his first one, arguably one of the best performances d'acteur in French cinema.

PS: but who are these sanctimonious bougres on our Forum ? and how often do they come out ? Haven't noticed anything me !

[quote]I don't mean to be an awkward bougre, but who are these sanctimonious users you're referring to Miki ? (I must say that I haven't noticed much activity on this front in this Forum) Doesn't look like...[/quote]

They are there but don't worry they are harmless !

I see we have bought a young French lad, Lassana Diarra from Le Havre, do you know much about him apart from how well he has played for France U/21's and I would think Michael Essien will sign eventually and perhaps pressure will tell on Man City finances and winger Shaun Wright-Phillips will sign as well, we shall see.

Sorry to post so late, was watching Ardisson.

From Souchon to Lassana Diarria and still no sign of the bougres... it will be all right as long as we are not insulting or irrespectful.

Yes, saw "l'Eté Meurtrier".  He made a more recent album than "Jimmy" and all those about four or five years ago, "Hors Saison" which is also magnifique, do you know that one?  One of my other favourite French personnages was Thierry Le Luron.

I'll leave you to your football or golf or whatever it is, I know very little about either and I shall probably be insulted for saying that I am a footballophobe.

Bonne nuit  

No, don't know much about Diarra, is he connected to the excellent Lyon's Diarra ? I too think that Essien will leave, for transfers check out www.lequipe.fr, click on football + Angleterre/France + transfers.

I do not like Ardisson (the character) very much, too much of a woolly liberal, too 'bien-pensant', too overtly full of himself and too sycophantic with too many politicians and the likes ! Also eulogises à mots couverts the use of cocaine in his programme... Having said that, his progs are getting better with age, he creates very original interview concepts that I've seen nowhere else, his sidekick (Laurent Baffie), when not doing practical stunts on famous or not people, has got to be one of the funniest comperes on French TV ever, the whole programme is very well put out I must say. No, I haven't followed Souchon's career since the late 80's. Yes, T. Le Luron was very an exceptional talent, do you remember him alive though ? If you like humourists, what about Raymond Devos, very hard to follow for a non native-speaker I'd imagine, but such an exceptional talent, a way with words that no other French comique will ever equal.

I'd read somewhere that its always Le Maire even if its a woman because in French grammer the position of Mayor is always masculine. Remember before political correctness infected the business world in the UK a Chairman was always a Chairman even when she was a woman? Madam Chairman was the formal manner of address I beleive....